The Movie Gym Rat
Think Nightcrawler meets Whiplash with a bit of I, Tonya. Some have called it a gritty version of Little Miss Sunshine with bodybuilding. Our protagonist Lonnie Milsap navigates a world of bold and colorful characters that match his own often absurd behavior, from his reckless pursuit of a pump to his fixations with The Hulk. A budding romance offers a ray of hope and stability but Lonnie's obsession with winning and clashes with his bigoted bully of a boss, threaten to derail it. As he spirals deeper into a cycle of drugs and violence we have to wonder if he will take...
- Min investment
- Days Left
Los Angeles, CA
- Security Type
Revenue Sharing is a form of lending that involves sharing revenue from the business with investors as return on their investment. It is often a fixed percentage of revenue and you are paid until you earn a total return on your investment.
- December 07, 2020
- April 01, 2021
- Complete production (86%)
- and editing (6%) of the movie
- Advertising (.5%)
- Wefunder Fees (7.5%).
- Primary Target. Complete production (48%)
- and all of post production (44%)
- Advertising (.5%)
- Wefunder Fees (7.5%)
- "The whole shebang." Complete production (34%),
- all post production (30%)
- and delivery (8.5%) of the movie
- Advertising/Marketing/Distribution/Festivals (20%)
- Wefunder Fees (7.5%).
- $100+ All investors get Behind the scenes (BTS) access: You'll be on the inside track as Gym Rat progresses and kept up to speed on all the latest developments of your money hard at work. INCLUDING exclusive, live Zoom call broadcasts from the set just for our investors!
- $500+ Thanks to (YOUR NAME HERE) in the movie credits and on IMDB!
- $1,000+ Very Special Thanks to (YOUR NAME HERE) higher up in the movie credit roll and on IMDB! (Thank you credits are not cumulative).
- $5,000+ The Producers Wish to Thank (YOUR NAME HERE) even higher up in the movie credit roll and on IMDB!
- $10,000+ Associate Producer credit on the movie/IMDB! Plus you get an invite to the movie premiere to walk the red carpet with us as part of the team that made it happen! (Travel not included).
- $15,000+ Co-Executive Producer credit. Plus a VIP invite to the movie premiere AND VIP access to the set with your own "director's chair" to be a part of the action in style. You can also be an extra in the film if you desire! If you are not able to participate, we can arrange exclusive Zoom calls for you to watch the action and talk to the cast/crew! You will also get a special copy of the script signed by stars from the cast! As a Co-Executive Producer you have a prestigious position on the team. (Travel not included).
- $25,000+ Executive Producer credit (Only 4 of these credits available, once they're gone, they're gone!). Have a voice in the project! You will be included in team business discussions on the project, be invited to share your input (Gym Rat Films LLC manager has final say in all Creative and Business decisions). Plus a VIP invite to the movie premiere AND VIP access to the set with your own "director's chair" to be a part of the action in style. You will also be given the opportunity to be recognizably featured in the film if you desire (alternatively we can also sneak a photo of you into the movie)! If you are not able to participate, we can arrange exclusive Zoom calls for you to watch the action and talk to the cast/crew! You will also get a special copy of the script signed by stars from the cast! As a Co-Executive Producer you have a prestigious position on the team. (Travel not included).
- $100,000+ Lead Executive Producer: You will be the FIRST billed EP on the project in the credits. All perks above are included AND we are open to discussing what we can do to make this a rewarding experience for you. Contact us ahead of time to schedule a call!
CrowdLustro Research Report
Use of Proceeds
With this we will have the skeleton of the movie completed and be in a strong position to bring it to completion.
We will have a finished film.
Manager, Producer, Actor
Actor w/over 50 Film/TV credits, most recently Inheritance (Lily Collins, Simon Pegg). Debuted as a filmmaker with "The Soliloquy" (self-funded/directed/produced): Best Director at Idyllwild film festival & Best short from DC production alliance.
Producer, Director, Writer
Directed/Produced “LU” starring Nate Parker (Birth of a Nation). Lu played at a Sundance Board member special screening in Park City, Utah and screened in HBO & BET's Urbanworld Film Festival in New York as an Official Selection.
Associate Producer, UPM
Producer/Writer/Director with 28 Producing credits (The Fellows Hip: Rise of the Gamers). He is co-owner of The Fantasy Network and founder of the VIP Film & TV Summit. As the Indie Film Coach, Ron has spoken on the business side of filmmaking.
Mike Zhu is a producer and seasoned entertainment executive. He has worked on the Corporate Strategy Team at Disney, led strategy and planning for ABC and ABC Studios and is currently the Head of Strategy at wiip.
Travis Brown Associate Producer
Award Winning Writer/Producer/Director. Co-Produced “Redwood Massacre: Annihilation,” 2020 Official Selection at the prestigious Fright Fest in London. Travis made his directorial debut with “The Norwalk Witness,” in 2015, winning numerous awards.
John Honoré Director of Photography
Award winning Cinematographer with nearly 100 Film/TV credits (including 3 Holes and a Smoking Gun, Shooting Heroin)
Wesley Brown Executive Producer
100% of proceeds are paid to investors pro-rata until 120% of principal investment is returned. Thereafter investors earn 50% of Net Profits.
No reports have been submittedBecome Reporter